Summer Breeze is a two-level home that has everything you need for a perfect vacation. NEW POOL FOR THE UPCOMING YEAR!!!! There are views of the lake from the large windows inside, and the covered porches on the outside of the home as well. The property is located in an extra-large cove on Poplar Creek. The closest restaurant is just across the lake at the end of the bridge that has live entertainment nightly (from local bands to karaoke and DJs), with an indescribably stunning sunset! Nearby is also a place to get gas and fill up your boat or jet ski by water. A convenient public boat ramp is directly across the highway from this property, so you don’t have to search for where to launch your boat in the lake! You will be sure to enjoy this beautiful Lake home at one of the most amazing locations on Lake Gaston!
This property will have a new swimming pool for 2024!!!!
Features and Amenities:
1. There is a fully equipped kitchen on the main level with gorgeous cabinets, granite counters and all new appliances. Completely well stocked with anything you might need for gourmet cooking or just simple meals, will be found at your fingertips. A beautiful gas stove is waiting for you, plus a Keurig/coffeemaker combination. Dine at the large breakfast bar with seating for several. The Dining area has a spacious table with seating for six surrounded by large windows giving you amazing views while dining. The entire living area also has high ceilings and many windows for serene views of the lake. There are multiple seating areas for reading a book or watching TV. Go downstairs and the kitchen/bar has everything new as well, with gorgeous granite counters and spacious cabinets, a microwave and refrigerator plus a the table with seating for four. The second kitchen allows such convenience by not having to go upstairs so often.
2. The multilevel home offers numerous separate areas for hanging out with different groups. There is Fiber Optic Internet for your use and convenience. There are eight TVs throughout the home with one located down at the boathouse. The main floor Great room opens to the kitchen and dining area and provides incredible views across the lake. The upper deck and lower patio provide seating and more views across the gorgeous shorelines and across the pristine waters of Lake Gaston. The lower level offers a great room (shared as a game room) which opens to the kitchen. The outdoor seating on the lower concrete patio offers another area for sharing tales and making memories. The boathouse provides yet another private area for taking in the awe of Lake Gaston life, sharing good times and treasured stories with your family and friends. Lastly, the outdoor amenities include an abundance of outdoor space for entertaining, sharing a round of horseshoes, overlooking the bulkhead shoreline, fishing or kayaking–so many opportunities to enjoy Lake Life.
3. The inviting master bedroom on the main level offers a king size bed and full bathroom, with a separate nostalgic soaker bathtub and a large, tiled shower. There is also a half bath.
4. Downstairs, a second and third bedroom each have a queen bed. The full bathroom has a tub/shower combination. There is an “undesignated private room” that has a double bed(full) and a set of bunk beds (2 twins). Enjoy the relaxing area with comfortable furniture, that has a sleeper sofa and two chairs to sit back, read a book or take a nap. This area also includes a TV, a table with 4 stools for playing cards or games and easy access to the patio that has outdoor furniture for ultimate relaxation. Enjoy the second refrigerator on this level.
5. A Neighborhood golf course offers paths around the course for walking, for those who enjoy a “walk in the park”, and the paved roads in the neighbors are good for bicycling too. Additionally, we have the Tobacco Rails to Trails, a paved pathway along former railroad tracks in Mecklenburg County, with parking and access within 8-10 miles of the property.
There is a gentle sloping walk to the dock, where there is deep water and room to tie up your boat, as well as a covered deck for hanging out at the boathouse to fish, swim, float, picnic, relax or just enjoy the amazing views.
We provide two (2) kayaks and required life jackets, floating lounge chairs and rafts for your use.
Lake Gaston is one of the truly superior lakes in the country, located in the piedmont area of northern NC and southern VA. It covers 20,300 acres, 34 miles long, and has over 350 miles of shoreline. The lake has very little water level fluctuation year-round and has the highest water-quality rating in eastern USA (NC Stream Sanitation Commission, A2 rating). Lake Gaston is well stocked with game fish: striped and largemouth bass, walleye, bream, crappie, sunfish, perch and several varieties of catfish. Lake Gaston has an average depth of 40+ feet (~80+ ft. deep near the eastern end at the dam).
NOTE: Contact the office if you wish to rent Linens (towels, hand towels & wash cloths) or Bedding (sheets & pillowcases). Otherwise, if you wish to bring your own contact our office for the bed sizes.
The home sits on nearly an acre in the northwest quadrant of Lake Gaston, just 8-10 minutes from I-85.
Check-in time is 4:00 PM and checkout is 10:00 AM EST.
Contact us by phone: 252-813-5507 or email us at [email protected] for openings or to book.
Available for Off Season Weekends, or for a few days during the week or Weekly rentals.
IN Season Weeks Only. This is a Sunday-to-Sunday rental when weekly.
This is a smoke-free home. NO SMOKING is allowed inside or outside of the home.
Maximum occupancy is 12.
Parties over 12 people are not allowed due to septic system and parking limits.
Parking is allowed only in designated areas on the circle driveway and gravel area.
Note: There is no Trash pickup at the house. All garbage must be taken in bags to the dumpsters located less than one mile away (5-minute drive). (See the binder onsite for directions). Contact Story Properties if you have trouble locating the dumpsters.